Competition time!

It's November and that means Christmas competitions! CG Christmas Card Contest 2023

Thanks to .... for agreeing to match the prizes from the last year; it's now on, and official.

here are the rules:

1st place 2500 credits + 200GB upload
2nd place 1000 cr + 100 GB upload
3rd place 500 cr + 50 GB upload
and the worst of the bunch will get a lump of coal in the form of one credit (at least).

All submissions must be in by midnight Dec. 7th CG time. Voting on your favorites will run from submission closing and end midnight Dec. 21st CG time. This gives a full month to do one if you are participating to get one posted; and 2 full weeks to vote on winners after the submissions are in (you can vote earlier if you wish, but I tend to wait until all submissions are in to vote myself). Please only mention the one you like the most in your voting (years past I've had people mention 2 or 3 they liked, and had to assume the 1st mentioned was their favorite). I'll announce the winners on the Dec. 22-23.I wanted to get it up a bit earlier this year so people would have more of a chance to participate and more time to vote.

All cards must be Mspaint style as in the past (if you need ideas or a better idea what that entails, look at the previous years pictures, the links are also in this post below or in last years thread). Only new cards count, old one's can be posted for our amusement but won't count (and if you post an old one from years past please note it so people know not to vote on it). MSPaint cards are to be drawn by the entrant. No mixing in real pictures via copy/paste (you draw it or it won't count basically, and you'll likely be ridiculed by your CG peers to boot...MSPaint does have a typing function and that is allowed since it is part of the program).

Your user votes will decide the winners. Please vote in here/publicly so people can see when the voting window opens. That way people can count them up for themselves as well and know that no tomfoolery occurred (and my PM box clear).

Thanks to junkevil who started this tradition, and deserves the credit for the orig. idea and contest. To see previous years, view the links below (but bear in mind that many of the old threads have missing pictures, but there are some ideas to use in those threads).

I think this will be the 8th time this contest has happened? So put your submissions, vote on your favorite and enjoy and have fun. I threw together a quick one for an example. Mine is only an example and is not open to vote on. I only threw a quickie together because lots of the old pics are MIA from the old threads or blurred. So I wanted at least 1 clear example for everyone to be able to see. EDIT* You can do multiple entries, but it is still subject to what gets the most votes...has someone ask, so thought I'd add that...you wanna do 5 and hope you get the most votes for this one or that one? Go for it. However you can't have 1,2, and 3rd places all to yourself. If you win 1st and another of your pictures was to earn 2nd or 3rd by votes: you would get the 1st place prize, but default on the lower prizes. This way we have at least 3 winners (and usually a consolation prize for the one with the least votes in the past anyways).
ms paint christmas card contest!!!

second annual CG holiday card contest

3rd annual CG holiday card contest VOTE!

annual CG holiday card contest

CG Christmas Card Contest 2020

CG Christmas Card Contest 2021

CG Christmas Card Contest 2022