Disregards climate consensus because people once thought the Earth was flat.

The term “anti-science” gets thrown around too loosely. Even though people are generally not opposed to the institution of science, most of us will stick to the positions of our cultural team when politics rub up against science. While science may be an effort to objectively evaluate the workings of the cosmos, human behavior is not.

Some arguments, however, come pretty close to a general antipathy toward science. On Wednesday, Trump transition team advisor Anthony Scaramucci made one of those arguments in a CNN appearance.

Scaramucci runs an investment firm, hosts Fox Business News’ “Wall Street Week” program, and has written books like The Little Book of Hedge Funds: What You Need to Know About Hedge Funds but the Managers Won’t Tell You. He is part of the Executive Committee for President-elect Trump’s transition—a group that includes Peter Thiel and Trump’s children, among others.

Scaramucci was interviewed by CNN host Chris Cuomo Wednesday about the questionnaire Trump’s transition team sent to the Department of Energy, which asked the agency to list staff who had participated in work related to climate change. Scaramucci downplayed the questionnaire as an “intellectual curiosity expedition.”

When asked about accepting the reality of human-caused climate change, Scaramucci gave a mix of bewildering answers. “I know that the current president thinks that human beings are affecting the climate—there are scientists who think that’s not happening,” he said. While it’s true that there is a small handful of contrarian climate scientists, the evidence does not go away in any field of science just because a few people don’t accept it.

Pressed on the scientific consensus, Scaramucci challenged whether anything in science can be known. “There was an overwhelming science that the Earth was flat, and there was an overwhelming science that we were the center of the world, 100%, you know, we get a lot of things wrong in the scientific community—you and I both know that,” he said.

Later, Scaramucci added, “You’re saying that you do, and you’re saying the scientific community knows, and I’m saying people have gotten things wrong throughout the 5,500-year history of our planet—human history, I should say.”

Scaramucci repeatedly ducked the issue of Trump administration policy on climate change by saying that they valued “clean air and clean water” whether or not they recognized the harm of greenhouse gas emissions. At the same time, the new administration will be focused on “energy independence” through fossil fuel production, even though dirty air and dirty water are often the direct result of fossil fuel.

As Oklahoma’s attorney general, Trump’s choice for EPA administrator sued the EPA to oppose a number of air and water pollution regulations. And in a recent interview on “Fox News Sunday,” Trump said of his stance on the environment, “We can't let all of these permits that take forever to get stop our jobs.”

Correction: This story initially quoted Scaramucci without his correction that he meant to refer to human history rather than the age of the Earth.