Sebastian Vettel has echoed Kimi Raikkonen's complaints about the balance of the Ferrari SF16-T following free practice for the Japanese Grand Prix.

The German – who will start the Suzuka race three positions lower than he qualifies following a grid penalty – was comfortably down on his team-mate in FP2, ending the day fifth best half a second adrift of Raikkonen.

Blaming a lack of balance in the car, a criticism Raikkonen also levelled, Vettel is hoping the arrival of forecast rain could aid his cause ahead of qualifying.

“We focused on the soft in the morning, so I think we tried to do our homework. The balance is not yet there, so we will try to look into the data to see where we are compared to the others and go from there.

“It's always possible and they say it might rain at some point this weekend, so I think we need to be ready. For sure it doesn't help if you are starting a little bit further back, but overtaking is possible here even though it's not easy.

“For now we need to work on the speed of the car and I think ideally we would love to have more grip around here because it feels fantastic if you do, but I think we can tune the balance and distribute the grip a little better so that we are in better shape tomorrow.”
Read more at http://www.crash.net/f1/news/234232/...2KzijXLzR8A.99