Incident happened at his own album listening party

Young Thug was arrested at his own birthday party and album listening party in Los Angeles last night (August 16).

The Atlanta rapper had rented out a Dave & Buster’s in Hollywood to host a joint 27th birthday and album release party for his new LP ‘Slime Language’.

But Thugger was arrested when he allegedly bumped a police squad car.

Officers then searched his vehicle and allegedly discovered several guns.

Thugger was later charged in the early hours of this morning with gun possession, according to TMZ.

The new album features 14 tracks and boasts guest appearances from Lil Uzi Vert, Lil Baby, and Gunna. Its release coincides with Young Thug’s 27th birthday on August 26.

The release comes despite the fact that earlier this year, the rapper said he wouldn’t be releasing any new music in 2018 as a tribute to his deaf brother.

He said at the time: “I got a deaf brother. I got a brother that can’t hear or talk. So I wanna act deaf for a year, so I ain’t gonna put no music out this year.”

Around the same time, he announced that he was changing his name, taking to Twitter to write: “I’m changing my name to SEX…. For now on call me SEX!!!”.

It wasn’t the first time he expressed a desire to alter his moniker. In 2016, the rapper said he wanted to go by his birth name, JEFFERY, but later settled to give a mixtape that title.