Lanez previously paid tribute to the rapper after his death

Canadian rapper Tory Lanez has revealed that XXXTentacion will feature on his new album ‘Love Me Now.’

XXXTentacion, real name Jahseh Onfroy, was shot dead as he left a Miami motorcycle dealership back in June. Officials claim that his car was being blocked by another vehicle when two masked gunmen approached his car, before shooting him and fleeing with a Louis Vuitton bag filled with $50,000.

A host of artists are expected to feature on Lanez’s upcoming release but he has only confirmed the XXXTentacion collaboration so far. “I got a song with @xxxtentacion on #LoveMeNow !!” he tweeted.

There’s no word when the song or album will officially be released but Lanez did treat fans to tracks ‘Pa Mi’ and ‘Keep In Touch’ over the past few months.

Before his death, XXXTentacion reportedly signed a $10million record deal with the independent music company Empire Distribution. The label was behind Onfroy’s debut album ’17’.

Following the release of ‘?’ in March, they are said to have offered him a huge deal for what would have been his third studio LP. Ghazi Shami, Empire’s founder, declined to comment on these reports. However, she did state that “a significant amount of material” for the record had been completed.

Meanwhile, Lil Xan recently paid tribute to XXXTentacion – hailing him as ‘a legend’ who was ‘in the midst of transitioning into changing the world for the better’.

“Rest in peace to [XXXTentacion],” Xan told Billboard. “He was in the midst of transitioning into changing the world for the better, and I think all of us as rappers should just stop with all this beef s–t and just spread love, positivity… Love’s all that matters.”

Speaking of his tattoo, Xan continued: “We both have tracks called ‘Moonlight’ – I like his a lot better. So I thought it’d be cool to get ‘moonlight’ and then get the day, unfortunately, we lost a legend, June 18.”