It's the band's first animated video

You Me At Six have released a Rick & Morty inspired video for their track ‘Straight To My Head’.

The song is taken from the band’s sixth album ‘VI’ and follows previous singles ‘3AM’ and ‘Fast Forward’. Now, in their first ever animated video, the five-piece are illustrated in the style of one of their favourite TV shows.

“We’re excited to share our first ever animated music video, and this is collectively our favourite song from the album,” frontman Josh Franceschi said of the release. “The video has some fun references in there to our other videos from this new album too – we hope our fans enjoy it.” You can watch the video for ‘Straight To My Head’ below.

In NME’s review of ‘VI’, Tara Garman wrote: “The rock five-piece continues to grow and develop, flirting with poptastic influences. The band wield their musical weapons in refreshing and fascinating ways as they permeate electronic influences into their classic rock sound.”

Celebrating the release of the album back in October, the band opened a pop-up vegan kebab shop called ‘You Me At Shish’ which offered up a special ‘VI’-themed menu with ‘VI’-themed cocktails.

Last week, they wrapped up their ‘Take Off Your Colours’ tenth anniversary tour after stopping in Manchester, Glasgow, London and more.

Meanwhile, the band have already started announcing shows for 2019. They’ll play Newcastle’s This Is Tomorrow festival on May 24 with Foals headlining the evening. The Pale White, ‘Wages’ band Bad Sounds, Anteros, Kawala and Bad Front are also on the line-up.