"It might be a bit more paperwork on this side of the Channel"

The Who‘s Roger Daltrey has spoken on the challenges facing UK bands who want to tour Europe after Brexit.

The legendary rock singer was speaking to BBC Radio 4’s Today Programme when he revealed his belief that aside from “a bit more paperwork”, bands shouldn’t face major obstacles when it comes to playing on the continent.

“We did it in those days [before the foundation of the EU]”, he admitted. “It might be a bit more paperwork on this side of the Channel. I’m sure they can make it hard if they want to but these things work both ways.”

It comes after Daltrey previously voiced his support for Brexit, blaming a lack of “democratic accountability”.

“It’s nothing that can’t be solved”, he explained. “I mean we used to work in Europe before Europe was even thought about, or the EU was even thought about. We had the golden period of the 60s and the 70s. Come on, you know, wake up a bit. I’m not against Europe at all, it’s Brussels and the construct of Brussels and the democratic deficit of it.

“There’s not a direct link between the voter and to get through to those people that run our lives and there’s far too many people on far too many gravy trains soaking us dry.”

Daltrey also previously slammed Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn as a “communist”.

Earlier this week, the rock icon revealed an excerpt from his autobiography which explains how he discovered the existence of three secret children after his 50th birthday.

They all came into my life after my 50th birthday,” he told The Mirror. It was great – it’s all worked out. They stay in touch and they’re close, so that’s great.

“I’ve tried to do my best about a situation that couldn’t change because it happened a long time ago.”

This comes after the likes of Damon Albarn, Rita Ora, Jarvis Cocker and Ed Sheeran led the UK music names to have signed an open letter to Prime Minister Theresa May in protest of Brexit.

The letter was drafted by Sir Bob Geldof and also signed by the likes of Brian Eno, Bobby Gillespie, Johnny Marr, Nick Mason, Alan McGee, William Orbit, Neil Tennant, Roger Taylor, Paul Simon and Sting.

The damning warning claims that the UK music industry’s “vast voice” would be silenced inside a “self-built cultural jail” should Britain leave the EU. Calling for a move “towards a second vote”, the letter claims that a “botched Brexit” would “impact every aspect of the music industry. From touring to sales, to copyright legislation to royalty collation”.