A real treat for fans of the band's older material...

U2 surprised fans with some live rarities on Sunday (September 30), as they dusted off ‘The Unforgettable Fire’ and ‘Stay (Faraway, So Close!)’ for the first time in years. Check out footage below.

Bono and co. are currently on the European leg of their ‘Experience + Innocence’ tour, which kicked off in August. The stint will continue through this month, with the band reaching UK shores on October 19.

During their show at Copenhagen’s Royal Arena last weekend, the rockers performed 1984’s ‘The Unforgettable Fire’ – from the album of the same name – for the first time since 2010.

U2 then played ‘Stay (Faraway, So Close!)’ for the first time as a full band since 1993. In 2011, The Edge accompanied Bono for an acoustic rendition of the ‘Zooropa’ song.

The tour continues on Wednesday (October 3) with a show in Hamburg. U2’s upcoming UK dates are below, with tickets available here.

October 19 – Manchester, Manchester Arena
October 23 – London, The O2

Earlier on their current tour, U2 were forced to cancel a show in Berlin after Bono suffered a “complete loss of voice”.

Meanwhile, the frontman has revealed that his recent health scare was a “brush with mortality” in which he “nearly ceased to be”.

“It was pretty serious,” he said. “I’m alright now, but I very nearly wasn’t. I’ve had a lot of warnings. A fair few punches over the last years” – referring to his 2015 bike crash as another “brush with mortality“.