The video was filmed mere months before the rapper's death in 2017

A new video for the late rapper Lil Peep’s song, ’16 Lines’, has been shared.

Directed by Wiggy, the video was filmed in New York City a few months before the rapper – real name Gustav Elijah Ĺhr – passed away on November 15, 2017 in Arizona.

A medical examiner reportedly ruled that Peep had died from an accidental overdose of fentanyl and Xanax.

Watch the video for ’16 Lines’ below:

Taken from his posthumous album ‘Come Over When You’re Sober, Pt. 2’, NME described the track as “heart-breaking”, adding: “’16 Lines’ showcase Peep’s self-awareness, his singing like a lonely raft lost in a sea of lost voices. His fans, equally as lost, grasping every word.”

Dylan Mullen, the 24-year-old, LA-based producer known as Smokeasac, opened up last year about his production work on his best friend Lil Peeps’ final album.

He said: “Even though we were best friends he was also one of my favourite artists, ever. I think he was very prophetic; he could predict things well. He was really, really wise. And he was funny. Wherever he went people would be laughing and smiling…His music was his outlet for a lot of the stuff that had happened in his life.”

He added: “He wrote music for those who were struggling in life. He made music for people who felt like they were outcasts. That’s definitely what he was attracted to. He wanted people to feel creative – he covered himself with face tattoos – and he didn’t like the idea of being judged. Just the way he was inspired me.”