by Rebecca Schiller

As part of Billboard’s new partnership with Artists Den, fans can take a behind-the-scenes look at some of the most exciting and unique shows put on by the series, which is known for presenting intimate concerts in untraditional settings. Last week, Billboard shared some clips from James Bay’s recent performance at the newly renovated Webster Hall. This week, take an inside look at Marina and the Diamonds’ 2016 show at the Great Hall in the New York Hall of Science in Corona, N.Y.

During the show, Marina and the Diamonds (who now goes by Marina) performed for 350 fans, playing song such as “How to be a Heartbreaker” and “Primadonna.” You can watch her performance of “Froot” above.

Discussing having the opportunity to perform at such a unique setting as the New York Hall of Science, singer Marina Diamandis said that she loves biology and psychology, and that those passions have inspired her songwriting. “I've applied a lot of planetary themes and also digital themes to the way that I’ve presented the album,” she added.

WATCH
Inside the Den at the New York Hall of Science With Marina and the Diamonds | Artists Den

In the clip below, New York Hall of Science’s President for External Affairs Dan Wempa recounted the venue’s history, explaining that it was originally built in 1964 for the World's Fair and was designed to focus on space exploration. “The Hall of Science was always intended to remain after the fair and become the city's permanent hands-on science museum,” he said.

“The venue itself is stunning. It's epic,” noted Diamandis. “Definitely the best venue I've ever performed in. It just feels very surreal and hyper-modern, which is perfect for Froot.”

In another clip, Diamandis discussed her favorite places to write music, where she revealed that while she writes on the road quite a lot, as well as at home, studios, and rehearsal rooms, she also enjoys writing music on public transportation. “For some reason, whether I'm on trains, planes, buses, that seems to be when my lyrical ideas come out,” she confessed.

You can also watch concert attendees open up about why they love Marina and the Diamonds below.