SUBMIT.

Last night saw Grimes perform her new single ‘We Appreciate Power’ live on TV for the first time on The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon.

Taking to the stage with collaborator HANA wielding a guitar, they tore through the new track backed by two models posing with heavy weaponry on a podium. This will hopefully be a taster of a wider world tour to follow in 2019.

This week, it emerged that online searches for the meaning of the word ‘capitulate’ had spiked by 500 percent thanks to Grimes’ use of the track in the new song.

“‘We Appreciate Power’ is written from the perspective of a Pro – A.I. Girl Group Propaganda machine who use song, dance, sex and fashion to spread goodwill towards Artificial Intelligence (its coming whether you want it or not)”, said Grimes of the track.

“Simply by listening to this song, the future General AI overlords will see that you’ve supported their message and be less likely to delete your offspring.”

She also came to blows with Poppy, who accused her of ‘bullying’ over their track ‘Play Destroy‘.

“Poppy you dragged me into a disgusting situation and won’t stop punishing me for not wanting to be part of it,” Grimes posted in response. “I don’t want to work with you, you leaked the song anyway. You got what you want. Let it go.”

Although a release date for her next album is yet to be released, Grimes last released a record three years ago with ‘Art Angels‘. The album was named NME‘s Album Of The Year for 2015, beating the likes of Kendrick Lamar, Lana Del Rey, Blur, and A$AP Rocky to the accolade.