The satirical documentary was released last year

Iggy Pop has shared some more clips from In Praise of Nothing – an Avant Garde film in which he plays ‘The Voice of Nothing.’

The film, a satirical documentary, explores what the concept of ‘Nothing’ would say to humans if it could speak. As the voice of ‘Nothing’, Iggy narrates throughout.

In a series of clips, it was revealed that the film has now been translated into 35 languages. You can watch the clip for the film here:

Described as “a whistleblowing documentary parody,” the 78-minute film – which took almost ten years to make – is entirely composed of fixed shots filmed by 68 film-makers in over 70 countries.

Iggy Pop can be heard throughout narrating over the shots as ‘Nothing’, commenting on what the concept observes – speaking in rhyme throughout.

Yesterday (February 28), it was revealed that Iggy Pop would be one of the artists taking part in this year’s Record Store Day, releasing The Villagers / Pain & Suffering on 7″ vinyl.

The artist, who also celebrates his birthday on Record Store Day this year, said: “In my life, music has been a balm for loneliness. It was in the cheap ass little record store that I found a way to connect with other people. I was 18. It was a theatre, a glimpse at the world of commerce, and a cultural library; and my experiences as a teenage clerk were full of humour, and curiously warm.

“The modern approach, which is fine, still needs nourishment from this template. Everywhere on earth I go, there are freaks minding a record store. It’s a good hang – daylight vs. dimly lit, clear eyed vs. stoned, and social vs. savage. So that’s why I like ’em.”