The score is the first to be composed by the Radiohead frontman

Thom Yorke has announced the release of ‘Suspiria (Music For The Luca Guadagnino Film)’ and shared an animated video for its first single, ‘Suspirium’.

The score is the first to be composed by the Radiohead frontman in his career and accompanies Guadagnino’s reworking of Dario Argento’s 1977 horror classic.

‘Suspiria’ includes 25 compositions that range from instrumental scores to interstitial interludes and more traditional songs, some of which include vocals performed by Yorke.

As well as being written and arranged by the star, the soundtrack was recorded and performed by him and Sam Petts-Davies, and features contributions from the London Contemporary Orchestra and Choir and flautist Pasha Mansurov. Yorke’s son Noah also appears on the score, playing drums on two tracks – ‘Has Ended’ and ‘Volk’.

‘Suspiria (Music For The Luca Guadagnino Film)’ will be released on October 26 via XL Recordings as a double-LP gatefold pink vinyl and a double-CD. The tracklisting is as follows:

‘A Storm That Took Everything’
‘The Hooks’
‘Suspirium’
‘Belongings Thrown in a River’
‘Has Ended’
‘Klemperer Walks’
‘Open Again’
‘Sabbath Incantation’
‘The Inevitable Pull’
‘Olga’s Destruction (Volk tape)’
‘The Conjuring of Anke’
‘A Light Green’
‘Unmade’
‘The Jumps’
‘Volk’
‘The Universe is Indifferent’
‘The Balance of Things’
‘A Soft Hand Across your Face’
‘Suspirium Finale’
‘A Choir of One’
‘Synthesizer Speaks’
‘The Room of Compartments’
‘An Audition’
‘Voiceless Terror’
‘The Epilogue’

Suspiria premiered at the Venice Film Festival this weekend (September 1), at which Yorke
was present. Speaking about the score, he said: “When they first came to see me, the producers and [editor] Walter [Fasano], I just thought they were mad because I’ve never done a soundtrack before. And Suspiria is one of those legendary soundtracks.

“It was one of those moments in your life where you want to run away but you know you’ll
regret it if you do.”

The film, which stars Dakota Johnson, Tilda Swinton, Chloë Grace Moretz and more, will be released in the UK on November 16. In a three-star review, NME described it as “a film hellbent on disturbing, enchanting and creating plenty of pulsating portent”, adding: “In fact, it’s high on mood and – arguably – not a lot else.”