He and Skrillex were pulled over by the police in September

Ty Dolla $ign could face up to 15 years in prison for multiple drug charges.

The rapper and producer – real name Tyrone Griffin Jr – was arrested in September for possession of cocaine, THC and less than one ounce of marijuana ahead of his concert at Atlanta’s Cellaris Arena.

He was travelling in a limo van with Skrillex when it was pulled over by local police officers, who proceeded to search the van with sniffer dogs. Police only pressed charges against Ty Dolla $ign.

As reported by TMZ, Ty Dolla was indicted by a grand jury in Fulton County, Georgia. Drug charges carry long prison sentences in Georgia and he could face a 15-year prison sentence.

In October, Ty Dolla $ign gave an update on the progress of his album with regular collaborator Kanye West – revealing that it was in the finishing stages.

“The album is coming,” he said. “I’m almost done with it now. Just putting the last, final touches on it. Me and Kanye are making it together. They left to Africa though. I’m doing my parts now then when we get back together, we’ll finish it.”

The rapper has yet to respond to the claims. NME has reached out to a Ty Dolla $ign spokesperson for comment.