RIP.

Tributes have been paid to Dale Barclay, after The Amazing Snakeheads frontman’s death from brain cancer was confirmed.

Friends, fans and collaborators have taken to social media to honour Barclay, while a member of his management has since confirmed the tragic news to NME.

His death comes only a month after a GoFundMe campaign was launched to fund treatment, following Barclay’s diagnosis with grade four Glioblastoma brain cancer late last year at the age of 32. Bands including Shame, Franz Ferdinand, Fat White Family and Honeyblood have took to Twitter to share their support.

“I have had one craniotomy which removed 90% of the initial tumour,” he wrote at the time.“After that, I did six weeks of radiotherapy and six months of a clinical trial alongside chemotherapy. My tumour has two mutations which make it rarer than average (had to be!). The cancer has returned. The fight continues with the power to face it raging in me.”

Paying tribute on Twitter, Sam Fender wrote: “RIP Dale Barclay, an earth shattering frontman”.

The Brudenell Social Club in Leeds described him as a “captivating” performer.

During his time with The Amazing Snakeheads, Barclay released debut album ‘Amphetamine Ballads’, described by NME as a “willfully frontloaded album”.

“‘Amphetamine Ballads’ showcases a group with good taste, to quote The Cramps, and the ability to cook up an adrenalised racket or a melancholy fog”, our verdict stated.”There aren’t quite enough classic songs here to render their voice vital, but as long as boring bands exist, this kind of piss and vinegar will always be welcome.”

The group announced their split in 2015, before Barclay later joined Glasgow group And Yet It Moves.