"Get an original idea, bro"

Tommy Lee has accused rapper Travis Scott of copying his roller coaster set design from 2011.

Earlier this week, Scott played one of his biggest headline shows to date as the rapper brought his ‘Astroworld’ tour to New York City’s Madison Square Garden – and with it his amusement park stage, which includes a roller coaster and ferris wheel.

As reported on TMZ, Lee has now alleged that Scott copied the design from his own show, saying: “I get copying is a form of flattery, but this is just straight ripping off my shit”. Lee tweeted a series of missives aimed at Scott in the early hours of this morning (November 29) – see them below.

In 2011, Lee did a 360-degree loop whilst strapped into his drum set.

Meanwhile, fan reaction to Scott’s set was overwhelmingly positive, with fans praising Scott’s energetic performance. “There is no topping @trvisXX at Madison Square Garden holy fucking shit”, one Twitter user wrote, while another said: “The finale was Sicko Mode and the crowd went so crazy I thought the venue was going to crumble beneath my feet.”

Elsewhere, a gig-goer posted a clip that shows Scott riding his ‘Astroworld’ rollercoaster inside the iconic venue.

In NME’s five-star review of Scott’s third record, Jordan Bassett wrote: “The rapper has produced a lush, complex, extraordinarily accomplished album that invites us mere mortals to peer in at his life behind the velvet rope.”