"It feels like it’s died, the dream is dead"

Kasabian frontman Tom Meighan has paid tribute to Leicester City FC owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, who died when his helicopter crashed outside the Premier League club’s stadium this weekend.

The billionaire Thai businessman perished alongside two members of his staff, the pilot and a passenger when the aircraft span out of control and crashed in the car park of the King Power Stadium on Saturday evening.

Meighan, a lifelong fan of Leicester City, has now joined the legions of fans who have headed to the King Power stadium to pay their respects to Mr Vichai – who is widely credited with sparking the revival in the club’s fortunes that led to an unlikely Premier League triumph in 2016.

“They’ve been amazing. They’ve come in and got us out of debt and avoided relegation”, Meighan said of Vichai and his family in an interview with Sky News.

“They won the Premier League and now it’s this. It feels like it’s died, the dream is dead.”

In a separate interview, Meighan reflected on how he had personally met the billionaire owner before Leicester played the King Power stadium in 2016.

“I remember meeting him, I met him a couple of times. We played the stadium here twice”, he wrote.

“I met on the stage, said hello and gave him a hug. Amazing memories and it just feels like it is dead. I think Leicester City feels dead at the minute. It is going to take a long time to recover.”

Meighan’s emotional tribute comes after Kasabian paid tribute on their own Twitter account.

“We are really shocked and saddened by the events of last night”, the band wrote.

“Our thoughts are with everyone at @LCFC, their friends and their families.X”