"Even if there's thunderstorms, I'm still gonna be there"

Tom Grennan has unveiled the cinematic and emotional new video for his single ‘Run In The Rain’. Watch it first on NME below.

Taken from Grennan’s acclaimed debut album ‘Lighting Matches‘, the video was shot by the Fourth Floor Creative Group at the end of a gruelling six-week UK tour.

“This is one of my favourite songs off the album,” Grennan told NME. “I wanted to write something with a really epic feeling to it. As soon as the ‘run in the rain’ line came, it had that feeling of a movie, that last scene.

“Even if there’s thunderstorms, I’m still gonna be there. It’s just an epic song, and it comes from my heart.”

With festival dates and more shows looming on the horizon in 2019, Grennan recently spoke of how he hoped to write with Liam Gallagher after the pair shared a boozy night out together.

“He wanted to meet me, so he asked for me to come to his dressing room,” said Grennan. “I had a Guinness with him, and then I said I wanted to go back to my hotel.

“He was like, ‘What you on about mate? Fucking you’re with me!’ So we jumped into his blacked-out Mercedes and went back to his hotel and were in his penthouse.”

Describing how they bonded over music, Grennan added: “We got stuck in and were just chatting about Oasis, my record … we had a lot of fun. I would love to write with him — so maybe that is something we can do in the future.”