An intimate performance by a musical genius

Thom Yorke has marked the release of his original score for the Suspiria remake with a performance for the BBC.

Luca Guadagnino’s reboot of the 1977 horror film, which reaches UK cinemas next month, is the Radiohead frontman’s first-ever film score. He joins bandmate Jonny Greenwood in taking time away from the band to write music for the silver screen.

In the video, Yorke performs a disquieting song from the soundtrack, ‘Unmade’, alone on a piano.

Watch the BBC Radio 6 Music Maida Vale performance below:

Meanwhile, Yorke has spoken about his “very electronic” forthcoming third solo record, which he says is going to be different from what he’s released previously.

He revealed this week that the album is the most politically-charged release of his career.

Speaking to Elmundo, he said: “I didn’t have the wish to make politically charged music, but everything I do goes that way anyways.

“I’m trying to finish a record with Nigel [Godrich] and it’s going that way. It’s something that’s always there.”

No release date has been announced for Yorke’s follow-up to 2014’s ‘Tomorrow’s Modern Boxes’.

Suspiria is released in UK cinemas on November 16.