Is an album on the way?

Bradley Cooper has opened up on whether there’s a frustrated rockstar inside him – after the acclaimed actor won huge plaudits for his turn in A Star Is Born.

The musical drama, which is released this Friday, stars Cooper as washed-up rocker Jackson Maine alongside Lady Gaga.

But while he’s won huge plaudits for his star turn and directorial debut – it seems that he’s got no plans whatsoever to pursue a musical career.

“Never! That will never happen”, Cooper resolutely told NME when asked about the prospect of releasing a solo album.

He also described the magical experience of playing Glastonbury – after filming scenes on the festival’s iconic Pyramid Stage in 2017. “I go to Glastonbury every year and I’d seen so many of my heroes on that stage, so the fact that I was there was very surreal”, he recalled.

“Oddly enough, if you’ve ever been to Glastonbury you know that feeling of comfort with 300,000 people – you feel safe. Once I got on stage centre, I felt very comfortable but the road to that was very terrifying!”

In the film, Cooper’s Maine falls in love with Ally (Lady Gaga), a talented young waitress-cum-singer as their careers head in entirely different trajectories.

Hailing his co-star’s acclaimed performance, Cooper said: “I was bowled over by how courageous she is and what an incredible artist – even beyond what I thought.

“But you know she’s not Lady Gaga, she’s an actress and she’s incredible at it. That’s the key of the character I asked her to play.

“When someone’s as good as she is in that role, you think that she must be playing herself. But she’s not, she’s playing Ally Campana – which is everything a director could’ve asked for.”

A Star Is Born hits cinemas on October 5.