"Wow. The fans need to see this."

Slipknot have announced they will be re-releasing ‘All Hope Is Gone’ to celebrate the album’s 10th anniversary.

The masked headbangers’ fourth album was released in 2008 and includes the title track ‘All Hope Is Gone’, and ‘Psychosocial’ and ‘Dead Memories’. It was also Slipknot’s first album to debut at number one on the Billboard album chart.

Percussionist Shawn ‘Clown’ Crahan confirmed the news to The Des Moines Register, first by criticising bands who do anniversary releases.

He said: “I’m in a band and I can’t stand that. But now, I’m like, ‘Wow.’ For instance, I’m working for ‘All Hope Is Gone’, and what I’m doing is I’m using the stuff I would’ve never approved.

“Now I can look at it and go, ‘Wow. The fans need to see this.’”

During the recording of ‘All Hope Is Gone’, various band members also recorded additional songs, known by some as the Studio B recordings, that never made it onto the final mix. From what Clown is saying, those recordings might finally be heard.

The news comes as the Iowa metallers are finalising their sixth full-length album, their long-awaited follow up to 2014’s ‘.5: The Gray Chapter’. It is expected to be released in 2019, which is also the 20th anniversary of their first album.

Back in June, frontman Corey Taylor spoke out about how his lyrics on the upcoming Slipknot record detail the role his battle with depression has played.

“It’s been a heavy couple of years for me personally.” Taylor told Loudwire: “So I’m working out some things, personally for myself, which has been great. I’ve been able to grab ahold of some of the depression that I’ve been fighting and formulate the way that I want to describe it.”