Sara Evans thinks Alabama could have done a much better job with the bit of snow it got this week.

After an incredibly rare snow storm dumped a few inches of snow across the state, school and municipalities scrambled to deal with the slippery roads. Traffic snarled and at least three schools in the state were forced to house students overnight, leading to criticism that the schools should have had a better plan in place to deal with the storm.

Add Sara Evans to the list of critics.

“My complaint is we should have never gone to school,” the singer told ABC News Radio. “We should have never gone to work. We all should have just stayed home. I cannot imagine being trapped in my car that long.”

It shouldn’t have been a surprise to find the state unprepared, Evans said. While other states have salt trucks, plows, and other heavy equipment to clear snow off roads, Alabama generally doesn’t have much to respond to snowfall.

“There’s nothing in Birmingham. We don’t have that equipment, and so of course we’re going to slide all over the place,” she said.

The storm was part of a system that slammed through the Southeast early in the week. Traffic in Atlanta ground to a halt, and several other areas were also affected.

In Alabama, a 62-year-old neurosurgeon was forced to walk six miles in freezing temperatures when his car got stuck in traffic with a high-risk patient waiting.

“He had a 90 percent chance of death,” Dr. Zenko Hrynkiw said of the patient, who had gone unconscious.

Dr. Hyrniw ended up making it to the hospital in time to perform the life-saving brain surgery, and the patient was reportedly doing well this week.

Sara Evans wasn’t actually in Alabama when the snowfall hit — she was instead in Nashville — but said her step children had to stay in their classrooms until 6 pm