Radiohead previously said: "What does this mean?"

Radiohead, Janet Jackson and The Cure are among the acts announced as inductees for the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame 2019.

The full list of nominees was announced back in October, before being whittled down to the final list. Other acts being inducted include Stevie Nicks, Roxy Music, Def Leppard, and the Zombies.

To be eligible to enter the hallowed hall, an artist’s first commercial records need to have been released 25 years ago, in 1993.

Nominees who failed to make the final cut included Rage Against the Machine, Kraftwerk, MC5, Rufus & Chaka Khan, LL Cool J, Devo, Todd Rundgren, and John Prine.

Last year saw Nina Simone, The Cars, Bon Jovi, The Moody Blues and Dire Straits all inducted – with Radiohead, Kate Bush and Depeche Mode among those overlooked.

Kate Bush and Jeff Buckley were among those to have been snubbed by the whole process this year.

“As a British band, it’s one of those things that it’s very lovely to be nominated, but we don’t quite culturally understand it,” said Radiohead’s Ed O’Brien last year, after revealing that they would not be attending. “It’s a very American thing. Us Brits are very bad at celebrating ourselves.”

He continued: “One of the things I’ve always loved about coming over to America is American bands you can always have a really good chat with and you could talk. With British bands, there was a lot of hostility. It’s in our DNA to be a little ambivalent with award ceremonies. We haven’t had great experiences. I would never want to disrespect anything because obviously some amazing artists have been nominated. But if I’m honest I don’t understand it. It’s just kind of a British person going, ‘Okay, thanks, what does this mean?’”

O’Brien added: “It’s a little bit thin on black artists and hip-hop artists. I’m just speaking as a fan of American music, I would have thought that Dr Dre should have been in there two years ago. His name should be first on the list way ahead of Radiohead.”

The 34th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony is happening on March 29 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.