After reuniting and releasing their first studio album in 10 years in 2013 with the lively In Time, eclectic country band the Mavericks are sticking around. Lead singer Raul Malo tells Rolling Stone Country the Grammy-winning group has completed work on the follow-up to In Time.

"We just finished recording a new album that will be out next year. The circle continues," Malo says. "We have had a great run and it continues to get better and we're having more fun then ever before."

As with In Time, the album will be released via the Big Machine Label Group.

"It is on Big Machine and, you know, they did right by us. Heck, they let us make a record at this stage. I know people probably have a hard time imagining this, but it's not the easiest thing to get these days, to be able to make records and have a record contract," Malo says.

The as-yet-untitled album, which features all-new Mavericks material, was produced by Malo and Niko Bolas, the same team that oversaw In Time.

Made up of Malo, bassist Robert Reynolds, guitarist Eddie Perez, drummer Paul Deakin and keyboard player Jerry Dale McFadden, the Mavericks formed in the late Eighties in Miami and distinguished themselves with their blend of rock, country and Latin music. They achieved moderate hits but became critics' darlings with singles like "There Goes My Heart," "All You Ever Do Is Bring Me Down," a collaboration with Tejano accordion hero Flaco Jiménez, and "Dance the Night Away." Burned out by the road and group tension, the Mavericks disbanded in 2004 but reunited in 2012.