Broughton had recorded Louella on his iPhone as she screamed like a "wild animal" on the class-A substance

The rapper convicted of his girlfriend’s manslaughter after giving her a party drug at Bestival has been jailed for eight-and-a-half years.

Ceon Broughton was found guilty of causing the death of Louella Fletcher-Michie, 24, after he provided her with a “bumped up” dose of the drug 2-CP.

He was also convicted of supplying his girlfriend with the drug before her death at Bestival in September 2017.

In a statement read to the court, Broughton said: “Sorry I didn’t do more to save Louella. Sorry for the suffering I caused to everyone. I want to make things right.”

He was also convicted at Winchester Crown Court of supplying his on-off girlfriend with the drug before her death at the Dorset festival in the early hours of September 11 2017.

Miss Fletcher-Michie, the daughter of Holby City actor John Michie, was found dead in woodland only hours before her 25th birthday.

In a statement delivered outside court, Mr Michie said: “Regardless of the outcome of this harrowing trial, there were never going to be any winners.

“We began our life sentence on what would have been Louella’s 25th birthday, Ceon’s life sentence is knowing he didn’t help Louella to live.”

Winchester Crown Court had previously heard how Broughton recorded Louella Fletcher-Michie on his iPhone as she hallucinated on the class-A substance and screamed like a “wild animal”.

Broughton was told by Michie’s family to get her medical attention several times, but he failed to do so as he was serving a suspended sentence at the time.

At the time of Ms Fletcher-Michie’s death in September 2017, her family issued a statement to say they believed her death was a “tragic accident.”

But it soon emerged that Broughton took pleasure in providing women with large doses of illegal substances before filming their reactions.

It was also revealed that Broughton had a “morbid” obsession with death and hoarded pictures of corpses.
Giving evidence during the original trial, Mr Michie said: ” I think Louella loved Ceon, but I’m not sure he loved her. I don’t know how you can say you love someone who you left to die in front of you.

“If I was in Ceon’s situation, I would have taken another human being – let alone my girlfriend who I was supposed to love – to a medical tent to save their life.

“You would have done anything possible to save the life of another human being, being in the distressed state she was in. I felt that I needed to get down there and help my daughter. His voice was slow and he didn’t seem to be concerned and any normal person would be.”