The band last released an album in 2009

Rammstein have confirmed that they are back in the studio.

The German metal band haven’t released a studio album since 2009’s ‘Liebe Ist Für Alle Da‘. In 2011, they put out a greatest hits album called ‘Made In Germany‘, which featured the previously unreleased track ‘Mein Land’.

Now, the group have posted several pictures to their Facebook page of them at work in the studio. The caption reads: “Work in progress!”

Band members have previously confirmed they have been working on their seventh album, with sessions beginning back in 2015. However, guitarist Richard Kruspe told Resurrection Fest last year that he had been “skeptical” to go back into the studio because the band “almost broke up” the last time they made an album.

He also said that this next record could be the last the band make. “That’s a feeling — I can be wrong, but just at the moment, I feel like this is maybe the last [shot at making an album] we have, and I wanna give two hundred percent in that and make it as good as it can be,” he said.

“When I listen to the stuff, there’s so much potential, and I’m very pleased about what we do at the moment. So I’m looking really forward to start recording maybe next year.”

Rammstein formed in Berlin in 1994 and are credited with founded the German subgenre of Neue Deutsche Härte (new German hardness). They have released six albums, including their 1995 debut ‘Herzeleid’, along with three live albums and a greatest hits.