EDM in China is no doubt on the rise as the region welcomed Grammy-nominated producer Porter Robinson to EDC China Guangdong late last year. Billboard Radio China sat down with the young artist in Zhuhai to talk about his experience in the country and his Grammy-nominated identity Virtual Self.

Though not his first time performing in China, Robinson said the overwhelming passion he received from the local fans feels surreal.

"I've played on these major festivals such as EDC and Ultra in the U.S., and when they go to Asia, I am brought along as a guest," Robinson explained. "I feel lucky to have the chance to learn more about Asian countries and also introduce my music here."

He said he's fascinated with Asian culture, as elements of Asian culture and video games were the first electronic music he heard. "I am definitely inspired and want to come over more often," he shared.

The 61st Grammy Awards nominations were released early December, and Virtual Self, an alias of Robinson's, is nominated for best dance recording for the single "Ghost Voices."

Robinson said Virtual Self represents a very specific type of sound, expressing elements of visual art and graphic designs. "I put a lot of effort in details for Virtual Self's production," he explained. "Filling in many styles and details to present a very polished background story invigorated by the sound."

Talking about his 2019 plans, Robinson hinted at more music releases and is also looking forward to potential collaborations with old friends such as Zedd. Check out the full interview on Billboard Radio China.