A petition is calling for the horse that recently kicked N-Dubz rapper Dappy to be given the 'Outstanding Contribution to Music' gong at next year's Brit Awards.

The online petition at Change.org states that the horse "has performed a public service and should be recognised." Yesterday it was reported that Dappy was in hospital after being kicked in the face by his own horse.

The rapper was riding the animal in the grounds of his Hertfordshire home on Wednesday (November 27), when the horse reared up. It then knocked him to the ground and kicked him in the face. A spokesperson for the rapper told The Mirror: "I can confirm that my client was involved in a horse riding accident at home where he fell from his horse and was subsequently kicked in the face." He added: "Dappy was rushed to hospital where he received medical treatment and is now recovering."

Earlier today (November 30) Dappy posted a picture on Twitter of the horse, which you can see below. In the tweet he refers to the animal as a "Biaaaatch".

Arctic Monkeys and Katy Perry are to perform at next year's Brit Awards ceremony. The show will take place on February 19, 2014 at London's O2 Arena and will be broadcast on ITV. Last year's audience of 7.1 million viewers was the ceremony's biggest in a decade.

Hosting duties will once again fall to James Corden – although this will be his final year. The actor and comedian says: "I really love the Brits. I'm such a fan. I'll miss not doing it after this one, but fully intend to enjoy every second of Brits 2014." The designer of the Brits' 2014 statue is Philip Treacy, the Irish-born, London-based hat maker and designer.