Pearl Jam were recently joined onstage by former Sleater-Kinney member Carrie Brownstein on guitar and St Vincent's Annie Clark on vocals for a cover of Neil Young's 'Rockin' in the Free World'.

The cover, a longstanding part of Pearl Jam's set, took place at the American Airlines Center in Dallas on Friday night (November 15) during the second encore of the evening. Click above to see fan-shot footage of the all-star performance, via Stereogum.

Meanwhile, Pearl Jam's Jeff Ament recently branded the group the "ultimate dad band". Speaking at a fan Q&A session for SiriusXM at Studio X in Seattle, the band said that if they were to do anything different if they started the group now, they would just be a 'dad band'. Eddie Vedder jokingly added: "I can only practice once a week, after 8 o'clock, after the kids are in bed; maybe Thursdays after the carpool."

Speaking about their longevity as a band, guitarist Mike McCready said he was 'surprised' that they were still about and making music. He commented: "I'm surprised that we're around still. A lot of the bands that we… came out with, are not around. We've been around for 21, 22 years. I don't know what it is. It's not being around each other a bunch, then being around each other a bunch. Getting away from each other. But also having humour and the same kind of silly inside jokes that we've always had."

Pearl Jam released their new album 'Lightning Bolt' in October. The 10th studio record of the band's career, 'Lightning Bolt' was produced by Brendan O'Brien and is the follow-up to 2009's 'Backspacer'.