You may yet hear his 'space rock' record

Noel Gallagher has revealed that he has stumbled across what was thought to be a long-lost solo album in a sock drawer.

Following his departure from Oasis, Gallagher worked on a ‘space rock’ album with production duo Amorphous Androgynous – before claiming that he had destroyed the master.

But now, it seems that there is some hope of the record seeing the light of day.

“I did find a copy of it recently in a sock draw,” Gallagher told Matt Morgan in a recent interview. “The masters, somebody has them, the masters have not been destroyed – but it won’t be coming out any time soon.”

“It might be nice to go back and revisit it in years to come, because ‘Shoot A Hole Into The Sun’ is fucking great and there might be more stuff like that in there. Best to give it a bit of distance though I think.”

He added: “It just wasn’t right for the time,”

Discussing the ‘lost’ record in 2015, Gallagher said: “The album got finished. We spent a lot of time working on it, but the way that they work is that they get me in and I play all day then they take it away. Then the next thing you hear, you go ‘Well, that’s not what I was thinking’. It became apparent that they weren’t making a record for me but I was making a record for them. You know me, that’s not going to fucking work.”

He continued: “There’s no bootleg because I own the master and I destroyed it. My manager’s not even heard it. I wouldn’t play it. It was so underwhelming to me that I never played it to anybody. I’m not going to put records out to please people and their imagination, then they hear it and go ‘Actually, it’s a bit shit’. I know it’s shit that’s why it’s not coming out and that’s the end of it.”

Gallagher is currently completing the tour for his Mercury-nominated 2017 album, ‘Who Built The Moon?’ Gallagher’s upcoming UK and Ireland tour dates are below.

30 August – 1 September: Electric Fields Festival, Dumfries & Galloway
1 September: The Downs, Bristol
2 September: Bingley Music Live, Yorkshire