The bizarre revelation was made on 'I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here'

Biffy Clyro became a trending topic last night after they became the centre of conversation on I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here – thanks to Nick Knowles.

The DIY SOS host was discussing his sideline as a musician with the other jungle contestants when he revealed how a chance jamming session with the Scottish trio landed him his record deal.

“I’ve always played,” he said. “My brother’s a really good musician and I’ve always played along with him and a couple of years ago somebody heard me, I was playing on a rooftop bar in Soho with some other bands…

“Somebody from a record company saw me doing it and I got a phone call saying, ‘I’m from Universal, want to do an album?’”

Asked about the “other bands” Knowles added: “It’s probably best not to say who they are because it would be embarrassing for them more than anything else. Actually, they won’t mind, they’re nice lads: it was Biffy Clyro.”

Host Holly Willoughby then replied: “Like he said, they’re nice lads. They’re not gonna be embarrassed by that,” before Dec added: “Biffy Clyro won’t be embarrassed by that! Good ol’ Biffy Clyro!

“In fact, let’s get this trending folks! Just tweet us using the hashtag #BiffyClyroNotEmbarrassedTheyJammedWithNickKnowles ! Let’s do that!”

Not only that, but someone soon changed Biffy’s Wikipedia page to read “Nick Knowles’ backing band”:

Meanwhile, the band recently spoke to NME about future projects – revealing that they are at work on two albums and a film.

“We’ve been working on a lot of new music,” said Neil. “We’re working on two records concurrently at the moment.

“We’re doing one record for a movie which will be filmed once we’ve finished it. It’s this really cool kind of collaboration with this Welsh director called Jamie Adams. He’s a fantastic director. He makes some really hilarious movies, but this one will not be funny!”

He continued: “We’re writing the soundtrack and some of the script will come from some of the lyrics in the songs. It’s this constantly changing thing at the moment, but we’ve got the songs picked. Then at the same time we’re working on ‘Opus 8’, which is our working title for the next Biffy album.

“That’s going great and we’re just doing what we do.”

They also echoed their hopes to one day headline Glastonbury in the not-too-distant future.