Morrissey has once again been set adrift without a record label. True To You reports that Capitol Music and Harvest Records have ended their relationship with the singer, "as directed by label boss Steve Barnett."

The news comes just three weeks after Harvest released World Peace is None of Your Business, Morrissey's 10th solo record and his first since 2009's Years of Refusal. The former Smiths frontman had signed a two-album deal with Harvest Records and Capitol Music in January after a long struggle to find a label. (As Pitchfork notes, Morrissey is still a featured artist on Harvest's website.)

Morrissey's relationship with the label appeared a bit troubled earlier this week when he posted a long statement to True To You. While the note began with gratitude toward three individuals who made and shared their own videos for the new album's title track, it quickly jumped to a dig at the record company. "These videos fully understand the intent of the song, and I am relieved that these films exist," he wrote. "Yes, a similar document ought to have been harvested by the record label, but please understand that the pop or rock industry can be as dedicated to perpetuating public deception as the world of politics itself. God bless social media!"

Later in the statement, he complained that he has not received "any television invitations – worldwide! – to either discuss World peace is none of your business, or even to sing any songs from the album. "

Morrissey has had a rocky couple of years, beset by medical problems that have led to numerous concert cancellations. He spoke about his health scares in a recent interview with Ireland's Hot Press magazine. "The worst was in June in Boston, when I was hospitalized with acute fever," he said. "I was delirious for six hours, talking absolute nonsense and unable to stop. I've never been so frightened in my life. Then, of course, you get these bitchy comments for having to cancel shows.... I've been to so many hospitals lately that there's hardly any point in my leaving."

As Morrissey noted in his long True To You post, he'll give his first concert in support of World Peace is None of Your Business on October 6th in Lisbon, Portugal.