'Beautiful People' is reportedly one of the tracks used at detention centres like Guantánamo Bay and Abu Ghraib

Marilyn Manson has responded to reports which claim that his music is used by US interrogators at detention centres like Guantánamo Bay and Abu Ghraib.

A recently published book, titled The Penguin Book Of Hell, featured a list of tracks that are apparently used by US officials when interrogating inmates.

The book details a playlist – called ‘Ow That’s What I Call Music’ – and a description says the tracks featured on it are “played repeatedly at maximum volume for inmates at detention centres around the world”. It includes Manson’s ‘The Beautiful People’, Christina Aguilera‘s ‘Dirrrty’, Nine Inch Nails‘ ‘Somewhat Damaged’, and Britney Spears‘ ‘…Baby One More Time’.

Manson shared a photo of the relevant page in the book on his Twitter account last night (October 24). He captioned the post: “My new playlist.”

The full list of tracks is as follows:

Deicide – ‘Fuck Your God’
Drowning Pool – ‘Bodies’
Christina Aguilera – ‘Dirrrty’
Nine Inch Nails – ‘Somewhat Damaged’
Marilyn Manson – ‘The Beautiful People’
Britney Spears – ‘…Baby One More Time’
Barney And Friends – ‘I Love You Song’
Queen – ‘We Are The Champions’
The Meow Mix Theme

Meanwhile, Manson recently revealed an unusual new addition to his merch line – a dildo with his face on it. The “environmentally-safe” sex toy will set you back $125 (£98).

Earlier this summer, the Church Of Satan denied that the rock star had been ordained by their organisation. Manson had claimed that founder Anton Szandor LaVey had made him a minister in the church.