Pop stars paid tribute to the victims of the Manchester Arena bombing from the venue's stage, two years on.

Dedicating hit "Stay" to the victims and their families, South Korean pop band Blackpink said their "hearts ache for those who lost their loved ones".

Twenty-two people died and hundreds were injured in the 2017 suicide bombing as Ariana Grande finished performing on the same stage.

On Twitter, #OneLoveManchester and #ManchesterRemembers were trending.

Ariana Grande posted a bee emoji in her Instagram stories, with no words.

Her mother Joan Grande said Manchester is "with me always, in my heart and in my mind".

An invitation-only memorial service was held at St Ann's Church for families and emergency services.

The church is in St Ann's Square, which became a focal point for tributes immediately after the bombing.

Canon Nigel Ashworth told the congregation: "In the face of violence and hatred, we offer solidarity and compassion.

"None of us ever want to see anything like the arena attack ever again, but neither do we want to forget those who died and those who were injured."

Photographs of each of the 22 victims were shown, while music was played by members of Chetham's School of Music.

There was a poignant performance of Fleetwood Mac's Songbird and Elaine Inglesby, chief nurse at Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust, read Siegfried Sassoon's poem Idyll.

A minute's silence was held halfway through the service which was also observed by hundreds of people in St Ann's Square and others across the city.

Representatives of the Hindu, Muslim, Sikh and Methodist faiths also led prayers of intercession, saying: "We are all one."

Outside the church, Anya Dawson, who performs with the Manchester Survivors Choir, said the group had "become my new family".

Handmade hearts have been left across the city centre for people to take with them on the anniversary and to "make many people smile".

Floral tributes have also been left at St Ann's Square and Manchester Victoria station.