Chance The Rapper, Vince Staples, John Mayer, and more are confirmed to play at Mac Miller: A Celebration Of Life

A concert celebrating Mac Miller is to be live-streamed in full, organisers have confirmed.

The event, called Mac Miller: A Celebration Of Life, is due to take place later this week (October 31) at Los Angeles’ Greek Theatre.

The likes of Action Bronson, Anderson .Paak, Chance The Rapper, Vince Staples, Schoolboy Q, John Mayer, Travis Scott, and Earl Sweatshirt are all scheduled to perform at the show, which was announced earlier this month.

Organisers announced their plans to stream the concert online in a tweet posted from Miller’s official Twitter account. The message also reiterated plans to donate proceeds to The Mac Miller Circles Fund “to support youth arts & community-building programs in Mac Miller’s memory.” The concert will begin at 6:30pm PT (2:30am GMT).

The rapper was found dead at his San Fernando Valley home on September 7. No official cause of death has been confirmed, however, it is believed he died from a drug overdose. He was 26 years old.

Anderson .Paak used his speech at the BET Hip-Hop Awards earlier this month (October 16) to pay tribute to Miller. “Legends never die,” he said. “And Mac Miller not ‘was’ but is a whole legend.

“Mac Miller did more in 26 years than some of y’all can do in three lifetimes. He never hesitated to extend his hand to the people he loved, and was responsible for putting on so many artists. He not only influenced me but a whole new generation of new, creative, independent artists.”

Travis Scott also remembered the late star during his set at Las Vegas’ Life Is Beautiful festival last month (September 22). In a freestyle between tracks, he rapped: “Malcolm that’s my boy/Mac Miller I love you, always be my boy/Mac Miller we fucking love you, you the fucking one.“