He also covers Damien Rice’s '9 Crimes'

Twenty One Pilots‘ Tyler Joseph has treated fans to a piano-led version of their track ‘My Blood’ and ‘Ride’ as well as a cover of Damien Rice’s ‘9 Crimes.’

Joseph stopped by the BBC Live Lounge to perform the songs where he also shared stories about the band’s beginnings and their relationship to fans.

“It’s a sense of pride I have,” he said. “I’ll pit our fans against any other group of people.” He performed all three songs accompanied only by a piano and you can listen to them below.

Speaking of their new ‘Trench’-era logo, Joseph said: “If you were to look at those two [logos] that we had done in the past, and put it together, it would create a logo that is two upward [slashes] and two sideways [slashes]. It’s kind of a continuation of what we’ve been working on.”

You can listen to the full interview below.

Last month, the duo shared a spoof of the A Star Is Born movie poster, after their new album ‘Trench’ went head-to-head with the film’s soundtrack in the album chart.

In a four-star review, NME concluded: “‘Trench’ is the sound of a band ratcheting up the ambition without ever being pulled down by an undertow of pretentiousness. It’s more low-key than ‘Blurryface’, but ultimately more rewarding.”

With the title A Trench Is Born, the mock-up poster featured Tyler Joseph and Josh Dun recreating Gaga and Cooper’s pose. “make the right decision today at your local record store, online, or wherever cds are sold,” the band captioned the post. “our new album TRENCH is out now.”

“Bradley Cooper stans attacking Twenty One Pilots is something I never thought I’d see in my time here,” one Twitter user said of the reaction to the post.