The track will feature on the 70-year-old Sloman's debut album

Nick Cave has collaborated with New York author Larry “Ratso” Sloman on a track taken from his debut album.

‘Our Lady Of Light’ will appear on Ratso’s ‘Stubborn Heart’, which is due for release in April. The record features eight original tracks as well as a cover of Bob Dylan’s ‘Sad Eyed Lady Of The Lowlands’.

Cave isn’t the only artist to feature on the album – John Cale co-wrote some of the songs, while Warren Ellis, Sharon Robinson, Yasmine Hamdan, and Imani Coppola also appear. In a statement, Cave said: “I’m proud to be a part of this record.” You can listen to ‘Our Lady Of Light’ below now.

“Maybe I can be the Jewish Susan Boyle,” Ratso said of the album. “The oldest best new artist ever and if that doesn’t pan out, I can always perform on subway platforms. Hey, I can get in for half-price!”

He added: “Everything about this project was fun. And it was always about the songs. They had been lying dormant since 1984. They deserved a life.”

In the past, Ratso has written lyrics for Cale and helped the likes of Red Hot Chili Peppers’ Anthony Kiedis and Kiss’ Peter Criss write their autobiographies.

Meanwhile, Cave recently gave an update on an “amazing” new Bad Seeds album, saying work on the record was nearly complete. “We’ve really nearly finished a new record, I would say,” Cave revealed to a Melbourne audience last month (January 19).

He continued: “And it’s an amazing thing in my opinion. I’m very, very excited about it.”

The Bad Seeds’ latest album, ‘Skeleton Tree’, was released in 2016. In a five-star review, NME said: “‘Skeleton Tree’ is both beautiful and harrowing, hard to listen to but even harder to look away from. Cave is a master of narrative songwriting, but here, we’re afforded voyeuristic glimpses into his own torment.”