The Danish artist also revealed details of some new collaborations

MØ has released her brand new single ‘Way Down’ – taken from her upcoming second album, ‘Forever Neverland’.

An upbeat, infectious pop melody, MØ says the Stint produced track has a darker political edge to it.

“My new song ‘Way Down’ is a semi-apocalyptic song about feeling scared and depressed about the ways of world politics these days,” she said of the track.”

“All information – both true and fake – just seems so chaotic and frightening that sometimes you want escape it for a moment and go ‘get drunk with your baby’ in the hopes of waking up reset and able.”

The singer added: “I made the track with my producer Stint, who is also executive producer on Forever Neverland, and songwriter Cara Salimando. I’ve been playing it live for a while now and I’m so happy to finally release it officially.”

As well as the new song, MØ has released the artwork for the new album and the full-tracklisting. MØ also revealed that the new album will include two new collaborations with Charli XCX on ‘If It’s Over’ and Empress Of on ‘Red Wine’. MØ has previously worked with Charli XCX on mixtapes ‘1 Angel’ and ‘Pop 2’.

A further collaboration with Diplo – ‘Sun In Our Eyes’ – has already been released, as has ‘Nostalgia’, which was released in April.

Speaking about her work with Charli XCX, MØ recently told NME: “I love working with amazing badass empowering females…also guys. But it’s so nice to be part of her army – she’s a great role model.

“I love people that have this energy of moving forward, juggling things. And I really love Charli as a person too. It’s just an honour to be part of those projects.”

MØ will follow the release of ‘Forever Neverland’ with a European tour, beginning in Hamburg on November 9 and culminating in a hometown show at Copenhagen’s Royal Arena.

‘Forever Neverland’ will be released on October 19. You can see the full track list below:

Intro (Purple Like Summer Rain)

Way Down
I Want You
Blur
Nostalgia
Sun In Our Eyes (with Diplo)
Mercy feat. What So Not
If It’s Over feat. Charli XCX
West Hollywood
Beautiful Wreck
Red Wine feat. Empress Of
Imaginary Friend