Helders is responsible for the production of Carnall's solo album

Arctic Monkeys drummer Matt Helders and Milburn frontman Joe Carnall have released a short clip of their collaborative project Good Cop Bad Cop.

Helders is behind the production while Carnall is responsible for all words and music. Milburn, who were prominent on the Sheffield scene as the Monkeys began their rise, released their first album in a decade last year. Ahead of ‘Time’, the band reformed in 2016 to mark the ten year anniversary of their debut album, ‘Well Well Well’.

This latest project marks Carnall’s first project as a solo artist. Sharing a short teaser video, the clip is captioned ‘01.02.19,’ prompting rumours that the full release will arrive next month

Speaking of the project, Carnall said: “For now I’ll just say that I made it with an old and very successful mate at his place. Some call him the Agile Beast.

“We had such a good time working together as we don’t get to see each other much these days,” he continued. “I’m really pleased with the result and it’s not what you’d expect. I can’t wait for next year already.”

Matt Helders has also been talking about his own upcoming solo album of late. The drummer revealed his ambitions to make an album in October, saying that he wanted to “make a lot of music” first to justify its existence.

Offering more details, he said: “I’ve got a little studio set up at home now that, when I’m there, I can commit some time to.

“That’s basically old drum machines and synthesisers – a bit more electronic and a bit more like soundtrack-y, like a John Carpenter kind of thing.

“I think I’m getting to a point now in which the style has developed and what I want to do is more clear to me than it was before,” he added.