Taken from a new Adult Swim compilation

Alice Glass has shared her new single ‘I Trusted You’, taken from the latest Adult Swim compilation.

The former Crystal Castles singer speaks about a betrayal during the track. “I don’t care what they want me to do / I’ll sit here by myself / I don’t need to see the sun to know it’s not there / (you lied to me),” she sings.

“I trusted you / It’s like a dream that I had / and now reality bends,” the chorus continues. You can listen to the track in full below.

Earlier this year, Glass announced that the defamation lawsuit filed against her by her former Crystal Castles bandmate Ethan Kath had been “dismissed” in court.

Glass issued a statement in October 2017 accusing her former bandmate of physical, sexual, and psychological abuse. Kath then filed a defamation suit, with Glass believing the post-show court summons she received from someone imitating a fan was designed to intimidate her.

Glass left Crystal Castles in 2014. Kath continued the band without her, replacing her with a new singer called Edith Frances.

Kath denies all of the allegations against him. At the time of Kath’s lawsuit, his attorney Shane Bernard said, “My client categorically denies all the malicious lies about sexual abuse. At no time did my client ever force Alice Glass into having sex with him against her will, much less by use of violence or drugs to take advantage of her.”

Alice Glass later revealed that she used to “romanticise” the idea of quitting Crystal Castles to work at Burger King during her final years in the band.