Lily Allen has scored a UK Number One single with her cover of Keane's 'Somewhere Only We Know'.

The song, which is currently soundtracking John Lewis' Christmas advert, is Allen's third Number One single, after 2006's 'Smile' and 2009's 'The Fear'. In addition, Allen's new single 'Hard Out Here' went in at Number Nine this evening (November 24). The singer told The Official Charts Company: "I'm thrilled to be Number One, and obviously especially delighted to have two tracks in the Top 10. Thanks to everyone who has supported me. I'm really looking forward to 2014!"

'Somewhere Only We Know' overtook the midweek Singles Chart leaders Bastille and Gary Barlow with 'Let Me Go', selling just 660 copies more than Bastille's 'Of The Night', which went in at Number Two.

Meanwhile, Robbie Williams has gone in at Number One on the Official UK Albums Chart with his 'Swings Both Ways' LP, selling 109,000 copies. The record is also the UK's 1,000th Official Number One Album, the first being Frank Sinatra's 'Songs for Swingin' Lovers!' in 1956. "I am over the moon that 'Swings Both Ways' is Number One!" commented Williams. "And such an honour to be the 1,000th album in that spot too, following Frank Sinatra who was the first person in that spot and my hero. Thanks to everyone who bought the record, see you all on the tour next year!" This is Williams' 11th Official UK Albums Chart Number One, making him level with Elvis Presley.

Jake Bugg was also a new entry in the Official UK Albums Chart, scoring the Number Three spot with his second album, 'Shangri La'.