Lady Gaga was joined by R Kelly last night (November 16) for a bizarre performance of the pair's collaborative track 'Do What U Want' on Saturday Night Live.

Scroll down to watch the performance, which sees R Kelly picking up the 'ARTPOP' artist and throwing her over his shoulder, then putting her down to stroke and spank her bottom. Later in the song, the pair end up on the studio floor together and with Kelly straddling Gaga, the two simulate sex.

Lady Gaga also took over hosting duties on the late night US comedy sketch show and acted in a number of skits, as well as performing another track, 'Gypsy'. Gaga's new album 'ARTPOP' is on course to take the top spot in the Official UK Albums Chart tonight (November 17).

Meanwhile, Lady Gaga recently confirmed that she will be the first ever artist to perform in space. The 'ARTPOP' singer will sing one song from a Virgin Galactic ship in 2015 to be beamed to the Zero G Colony festival in New Mexico.

Confirming the news prior to her 'artRave' performance at the Brooklyn Navy Yard in New York City last week, Gaga said: "I did not buy a ticket. No my ticket was given to me. I was asked specifically to sing. So I'm going to be the first recording artist to sing in space. And I did not purchase my flight. This is a special festival event held by Zero G Colony and I will be flying to space two months after the first commercial flights take off."