Megaupload founder and alleged Internet evil-doer Kim Dotcom is back online. As restrictions on his access to the Internet were dropped while Dotcom's extradition hearing in New Zealand drags forward, Dotcom set up a new Twitter account (@kimdotcom) and started sending out thanks to his supporters. They include Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak, who Dotcom apparently met with while still under house arrest. He also has teased the launch of yet another Mega-business—MegaBox, a music cloud storage application Dotcom's company was working on before his arrest.

In a post to his new Twitter account on June 20, Dotcom thanked Wozniak for his involvement with the Electronic Frontier Foundation, which has partnered with Megaupload's hosting company Carpathia to help Mega-customers retrieve their data.

Update: Rebecca Jeshke, the EFF's Media Relations Directot and Digital Rights Analyst, said that the EFF is preparing for a hearing on June 29 before a federal judge on behalf of EFF client Kyle Goodwin. "Our client Kyle Goodwin has asked the court to return the files he lost" as a result of the FBI seizure of Megaupload's data, Jeshke told Ars in a phone interview. "In our brief, we've asked the court to implement a procedure for all consumers, not just our client, to recover their data."

"MegaWoz," Dotcom wrote. "Great guy & supporter of EFF. EFF is helping to give Mega users their files back. Thanks Woz & EFF." Dotcom also posted a picture taken with Wozniak on the grounds of the Dotcom Mansion via Instagram:

"Woz came to see me at my house when I was still under house arrest," Dotcom said in an interview with TorrentFreak. "He is such a great legend and totally supportive."

Wozniak did not respond to an inquiry from Ars.

Dotcom also promoted the launch of MegaBox with a post to Twitter. He tweeted a screenshot of the MegaBox app, writing, "The major Record Labels thought MegaBox is dead. Artists rejoice. It is coming and it will unchain you."

Of course, with most of his assets still frozen as the result of US federal charges of intellectual property infringement and conspiracy, there may be a few delays in the launch of Dotcom's new line of business. However, the business may be getting launched by his wife, who, as Dotcom tweeted on June 19, is "working on her own cloud storage business."