Of the thousands of people who pack Keith Urban's live shows night after night, there's usually a lucky one who walks away with a new guitar, signed by the country superstar. The notoriously fan-friendly Urban has been giving away guitars at shows for years — usually during the middle of a song, after climbing up several rows into the stands — and recently they've been from his own signature line. The Keith Urban Phoenix Limited Edition guitar was introduced last November and has since broken two sales records at the Home Shopping Network.

"I've watched some of the greatest guitarists in the world perform and I've seen people just learning how to play," says the singer. "The looks on their faces are almost always the same and the connection with the instruments is genuine."

Urban has teamed with Rolling Stone Country to give away an autographed Phoenix Limited Edition guitar through our special Keith Urban Raise 'Em Up Tour Sweepstakes. Click here to enter for a chance to win.

The "Somewhere in My Car" singer is doing double duty this summer, crisscrossing the country on both his Raise 'Em Up Tour and American Idol auditions. We caught up with him at Idol's Nashville stop, where he witnessed a lot of talent… and a lot of nerves.

"It's a big thing to walk in front of anybody and sing without a band, no audience, no family... It's just a room full of cameras and lights. That's a big ask," he told Rolling Stone Country. "Although some come in and are so comfortable, others have an incredible voice but may be a little shy and a little awkward... I don't want to miss that moment where, if there is talent there, it could come out."

In one of the most memorable auditions in the show's history, Urban actually played guitar for a contestant in Nashville, accompanied by fellow judges Harry Connick, Jr. on piano and Jennifer Lopez on the makeshift dance floor. Michael Simeon had just received his ticket to Hollywood when he asked Lopez to dance with him. Not to be left out, Urban and Connick accompanied the Idol hopeful on Sam Smith's "Stay With Me," while he swept Jenny From the Block off her stiletto-clad feet. Watch below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDBe6og7QDI