Justin Timberlake has said that he wants to embark on a career in country music.

The singer, who made his comeback with his album 'The 20:20 Experience' in March of this year before following it up with a sequel in September, told SiriusXM that he was interested in pursuing a different sort of musical career in the future.

Asked if he still had dreams of making country music in the future, Timberlake replied: "They're still alive. I just did an interview earlier today and I said, 'I'm America, that's what I am – in all sense of the word. I grew up outside of Memphis, Tennessee, and I listened to country music, R&B music, classic rock... everything."

He concluded by referencing the Grammy Awards and stating: "I still got my eyes on a Best Country Album. There's time for that."

Last week (November 13), Timberlake hit out at critics of 'The 20:20 Experience: 2 Of 2 and his recent film Runner Runner and said he feels like someone "took a shit" on his face when he gets a bad review. The singer is set to play a run of UK arena shows in 2014, calling at Sheffield, London, Glasgow, Manchester and Birmingham.

Justin Timberlake will play:

Sheffield Motorpoint Arena (March 30)
London O2 Arena (April 1)
Glasgow The SSE Hydro (4)
Manchester Phones 4U Arena (7)
Birmingham LG Arena (11)