"Maybe some day they'll surface"

Former Slipknot drummer Joey Jordison has said he has “a ton of Slipknot demos at home,” though he did not reveal if they would ever see the light of day.

Jordison was speaking to Metal Hammer to mark the 10th anniversary of the band’s fourth album ‘All Hope Is Gone’.

“I have a ton of Slipknot demos that I have at home,” he said. “Maybe some day they’ll surface, maybe they’ll never be heard, but I don’t translate them to any other band, they still stay in the Slipknot safe.”

Jordison, who now works across a variety of projects, said that the tunes might only be heard if he rejoins the band.

“I won’t use them for anyone else besides Slipknot, if that ever happens again,” he said.

Although Jordison left Slipknot in 2013 due to serious illness, he went on to reveal that he’s still highly active musically.

“I sleep music. I wake up and there’s a riff in my head, every step I take there’s a riff, a beat, or something. That’s the way a musician is. You’re isolated in a weird way because music is haunting you as much as it’s loving you. It’s non-stop,” he said.

While Slipknot are gearing up for a long-awaited new album, Jordison has revealed that he is penning his autobiography.

”I’ve had a couple of offers from book companies and stuff like that, and I’ve been so busy, of course, with new music projects and recording and touring that I haven’t really gotten down to it,” Jordison said.

His old band recently revealed ‘All Out Life‘, the first taste of their upcoming sixth studio album.

The band will tour the UK next year. Tickets are available at Slipknot’s official website.