The host of 'The Tonight Show' fulfills his dream to reach the chart: 'I'm freaking out right now!'

"Oh my goodness. I'm, like, freaking out right now. This is unbelievable! No. 26? I'd be happy with 99!"

Jimmy Fallon could hardly contain himself when told that his new novelty single "Ew!," featuring will.i.am, debuts on the Billboard Hot 100 at No. 26 (marking the chart's top new entry of the week).

"This is unbelievable. I have to call Will! This is nuts. This is so exciting!"

The host of NBC's The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon adds another impressive achievement to his resume with the Hot 100 bow of "Ew!," released on Interscope Records. The track starts with 77 percent of its chart points from streaming. It collected 6 million first-week U.S. streams, according to Nielsen BDS, good for a No. 8 debut on the Streaming Songs chart; nearly all its streaming points are from Vevo on YouTube clicks for its comical official video.

"Ew!" also enters Digital Songs at No. 30 with 35,000 downloads sold, according to Nielsen SoundScan. It debuts on the Comedy Digital Tracks chart at No. 1, marking Fallon's second leader; his "History of Rap," featuring Justin Timberlake, topped the June 30, 2012, tally.

The premise of "Ew!"? Fallon and will.i.am dress up as BFFs Sara and mir.i.am and rap about all the things that make them recoil and, thus, go "ew." Among them: bread bowls, FaceTime and Trapper Keepers. Fallon's Hot 100 debut is the culmination of a goal he stated on The Tonight Show on Oct. 6, when he premiered the song and encouraged fans to help the song hit the chart.

"We had no idea this could be accomplished. This is what happens when you have the power of television. We had so much support from fans, radio, social media and Twitter," Fallon says.

"Everyone has dreams. I remember lip-syncing into a mirror when I was a kid. Having a song chart is just crazy. I didn't even know that this would be a song. Will.i.am came on the show and said he loves 'Ew,' this character where I'm a 15-year-old girl, just listing things that I think are … 'ew!' He just liked it because it's fun. It's just a goofy sketch."

"The song has no other goal than to make you smile."

Actually, it does have one other vital purpose: proceeds from "Ew!" benefit two charities, the SeriousFun Children's Network and will.i.am's i.am.angel Foundation. "This is so good for the charities involved," Fallon says.

Fallon becomes the second host of The Tonight Show to grace the Hot 100: The show's first host, Steve Allen, logged two entries in 1963 (six years after he left the gig). Meanwhile, former fellow late-night talk-show host Arsenio Hall, as alter ego Chunky A, hit No. 77 in 1989 with his own novelty title similar to "Ew!": "Owwww!"

Ultimately, it seems as if the news will take a bit longer to fully settle in.

"This is crazy right now. I don't even understand this!," says Fallon.

"You don't understand how exciting this is for me. I have to print this out and frame this. I'm going to run around and tell everyone in my office, and people are just going to go nuts right now."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...lon-ew-hot-100