The Irish musician had previously teased a new release was on the way earlier this year

Hozier has announced details of his new EP, ‘Nina Cried Power’, which will be released this week.

The Irish musician, whose real name is Andrew Hozier-Byrne, last put out a record with 2015’s ‘Live In America’ EP. His self-titled debut album preceded that in 2014, hitting the top of the charts in his home country.

On Friday (August 31), Hozier confirmed a new record would be with fans imminently in a new Facebook post. He shared a photo of a handwritten message in a notebook, which read: “Thrilled to announce my new EP ‘Nina Cried Power’ will be released on Sept. 6th. Can’t wait to share these songs with you. Many thanks and much love, Hozier x.”

On Twitter, he added: “This collection of songs is an example of what I’ve been working on in the last while and will be a small taste of what is to be expected from the upcoming album.”

Earlier this summer, the star teased that new music was on the way when he announced a run of tour dates in the US. “Very excited to announce the upcoming tour for later in the year, which will coincide with the releasing of new work,” he said at the time. “The completion of the record is fast approaching and I’m eager to share it with everyone.”

Meanwhile, back in 2016, Hozier discussed his plans for his second album with NME. “I’ve never been so eager to make music,” he said. “I’m itching for it. In a big way. If this opportunity had happened at a different time I would have just been spent, but I had had maybe six days of quiet and I can’t really write on the road.

“But when it all stops and things are quiet again you’re just ready for things to fall out of you. I have a phone full of memos and loads of notebooks with little melodic ideas.”

The musician is currently in the middle of a short run of UK dates.