"We're hoping that the waters are right..."

The reunited Doves have discussed the chances of them recording and releasing new music together.

Having been on hiatus since 2010, the Manchester trio this week announced their return and first gigs in nine years – headlining a Teenage Cancer Trust gig at Royal Albert Hall, as well as supporting Noel Gallagher at Heaton Park next summer.

However, it remains to be seen whether or not we can expect a follow-up to 2009’s acclaimed ‘Kingdom Of Rust‘.

“At the moment we’re just in a room playing the old tunes,” guitarist Jez Williams told Radio X‘s Gordan Smart. “We’re hoping the waters are right, the planets are aligned and we get that right vibe and you never say never, but at the moment we’re just concentrating on playing the tunes.”

However, Williams did reveal that fans can hopefully expect a few more intimate shows in the run-up to their London gig.

“I’m really wanting to hustle for a couple of warm ups before we go into the Royal Albert Hall because, yeah, it’s going to be interesting,” he added. “Going straight cold into that, you know what I mean, I’m going to need to take a few pairs of underpants with me!”

Doves perform at London’s Royal Albert Hall for Teenage Cancer Trust on Friday March 29. Tickets are on sale from 9am on Friday December 7 and will be available here.

They’ll then be supporting Noel Gallagher at Manchester’s Heaton Park on Friday June 7. Tickets are on sale from 10am on Friday December 7 and will be available here.

Doves’ frontman Jimi Goodwin began a solo career in 2014 with his first album ‘Odludek’, while fellow band members Jez and Andy Williams went on to form Black Rivers.