Fans are already unpicking the show...

Eagle-eyed fans of Gerard Way‘s The Umbrella Academy have spotted a subtle easter egg in the new Netflix series.

Released on the streaming platform last Friday (February 15), the show is an adaptation of the former My Chemical Romance frontman’s Eisner Award-winning comic book series. It sees Ellen Page star as Vanya Hargreeves, while Tom Hopper appears as Luther Hargreeves.

Now, just days after it was made available to binge-watchers, one viewer has taken to Reddit to share a cool nod to Way in episode one of the season.

In a scene that shows the back of Vanya Hargreeves’ autobiography, some viewers clocked a fictional quote beneath the book’s blurb.

“An incredible read… A revealing portal into the amazing life of Vanya Hargreeves and the life she has lived. I couldn’t put it down!” it reads, before Way is credited as the impressed critic.

The description of the book reads: “Vanya Hargreeves is well known for her virtuosic skills as a violinist. Less understood is the role she played as one of Reginald Hargreeves’ adopted children, standing alongside – but never counted among – the famous Umbrella Academy super kids. This is her story, in her own words.”

Meanwhile, Gerard Way has recently discussed the possibility of a My Chemical Romance reunion while addressing the band’s split.

“We definitely get offers regularly to reunite – it’s a constant thing,” he said “It’s flattering, it’s really nice of people…I miss playing with the guys, but I don’t think so.”

He added: “I think if we ever did MCR again, we wouldn’t be in that machine any more.It would literally just be like: ‘Here’s a new piece of music, we’re putting this out and that’s it, this is not up for debate.’”